In Metsä Wood Kerto® the art of engineered wood products combines all the Nordic premium timber characteristics through veneer sheet lamination. Stiffness, straightness and stability properties within the same product are unique when used in combination with other materials.
Metsä Wood Kerto products are also an ideal solution when high strength properties are demanded in either timber or composite constructions. The strength properties are excellent even in small dimensions, and that characteristic enables development of light but firm constructions with the essence of Nordic premium wood.
Metsä Wood Kerto has been used in composite door manufacture for over 10 years, with over 40,000 entrance doors manufactured per year using Kerto their core. There are typically two styles of composite door manufacture using Kerto; stile and rails (Kerto-S) and solid blanks (Kerto-Q). Kerto has been successfully tested to SBD & PAS 23/24 by most major manufacturers.
Key benefits of using Kerto as a core material for sub-frames
• Provides outstanding resistance to warp and twist, ensuring a flat and stable substrate
• Enhanced security benefits, especially with Kerto-Q solid core system
• Full environmental accreditation
• Fire resisting properties (39mm Kerto-Q composite door core = 59 minutes)
• Exceptional performance and resistance to the elements
• Light weight
• Design flexible
• Ease of machining (no more wear on tooling than regular softwood)
A cost effective solution to aluminium and steel re-enforcement, provifing enhanced re-renforcement for composite window systems. Kerto is a fully environmentally accreded raw material, with BRE A rating achievable.